November 18, 2018
• What do you think was the main point of Mike’s message?
• What are some of your family Thanksgiving traditions? Why were these particular traditions chosen by your family?
• Read Genesis 37: What are the similarities/differences between Joseph’s family and yours?
• What does the word “family” mean to you? If there was such a thing, describe your idea of the “perfect family.”
• If family can be a major cause of frustration in your life, do we really need family? Why or why not?
• If you were to change one thing about how you “do family”, what would you change?
Genesis 2:18; 37; Ecclesiastes 4:8-10; Acts 2:44-47; 2 Thessalonians 1:2-4; 1 Timothy 5:8
Do something about it:
Use this holiday season to sincerely encourage and praise your family. Look for opportunities to thank them for how they make your life more meaningful. Incorporate these “holiday practices” into your non-holiday life and record how the dynamics of your family change.