January 1, 2017
Part 1 – Do I Know What it Means to be a Child of God?
What does being a “child of God” mean to you? Our initial tendency is to look at things from a first person perspective and evaluate what I have to do to be a “child of God.” That is part of it, and it is extremely important, but have you taken the time to look at what that term means from God’s perspective? How does being part of God’s family change how we perceive our identity? The first step in becoming who God wants us to be is in understanding how God sees us now.
Questions for discussion:
· What does “being a child of God” mean to you?
· Do you believe that Christ’s death on the cross was enough to save you? Why or why not?
· Do you know what the Fruits of the Spirit are? Are they evident in your life?
· Do you know and use your gifts to bless others? What are they? Give an example.
· Do you know (big picture) what God wants you to do with your life? What is your current purpose?
Do something about it:
Post these questions in a prominent place. During the upcoming week take one of the questions and think/pray about it. Also, take time to read each of the scripture references below and use them to help you define what being a “Child of God” means to you.
Romans 8; John 3:16; Romans 5:6-8; Galatians 5:22-23; 1 Cor. 12:8-11; Rom. 12:6-8; Eph. 4:11-12; Micah 6:8; 1 Peter 4:1-2:Jeremiah 29:11,12; Ruth