January 1, 2017
Part 2 – Does My Relationship with God Change the Way I Live?
If the first step in becoming who God wants us to become is to ask ourselves “Do I know what it means to be a child of God,” the next question follows naturally: Does my relationship with God change the way that I live? Does what I do accurately reflect what I believe? Does my faith affect my daily decisions? If your actions and decisions truly reflect what you believe then your life will become a living testimony to your relationship with Jesus Christ.
Questions for discussion:
· How has your faith in Jesus changed the way you live?
· What, in your daily routine, provides an opportunity for the Spirit to nourish you?
· Do you know what the Spiritual Disciplines are? Which ones do you practice?
· What are some new ways of connecting with Christ have you discovered?
· How has your faith changed your decision process?
Do something about it:
Find ways to connect your spiritual life to your daily life: Look for ways in which you can connect the everyday things you enjoy doing with spending time with God. Look for God’s personal messages in movies, books, sporting events, etc. When making decisions, consider what far-reaching affects each decision would have if you first prayed about it and then asked God to play a direct part.
Matthew 7:21-23; Luke 6:43; 12:33-34; James 2:14-26; Ephesians 3:16-19; Deuteronomy 6:5-8; Romans 12:2; Galatians 5:17-18; 1 Timothy 5:4;